World Cup 2018: 10 fun facts
Which player has a tattoo of his mother? Who is dating a former Baywatch star? Read on for 10 weird and wonderful facts from the 2018 World Cup in Russia!
1. Brazil striker Gabriel Jesus has a tattoo of his mother Vera on his bicep. She also reportedly keeps a close eye on his finances to ensure fame does not go to her son's head, and runs the rule over any potential girlfriend!
2. Goalkeeper David Ospina's sister Daniela married his Colombia international team-mate James Rodriguez in 2011, but the couple have since parted ways.
3. France defender Adil Rami is in a relationship with former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson.
4. Over 11 000 people signed an online petition asking FIFA to delay the start of the 2018 World Cup until Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner regained fitness.
5. Iceland Head coach Heimir Hallgrimsson also doubles as a qualified dentist.
6. Morocco midfielder Faycal Fajr has a canine phobia after he broke a leg in a six metre leap to escape from a pit-bull terrier.
7. Peru defender Christian Ramos was voted on a major online poll as one of the world's best-looking footballers. Also on the list were Colombian Radamel Falcao and former England international Michael Carrick.
8. Switzerland stopper Yann Sommer is a whiz in the kitchen and runs his own culinary blog.
9. Uruguay midfielder Giorgian De Arrascaeta was named after a racehorse which his father never lost a bet on.
10. Mohamed Salah's boots are currently being shown at the British Museum after his exploits last season for Liverpool. According to the museum, the Egyptian's footwear 'tell the story of a modern Egyptian icon'.