Terms and Conditions:
1) Vodacom (Pty) Ltd ("Vodacom") is running a Vodacom Soccer Mega Promotion Season competition ("the competition"). Participants in the competition are required to perform various actions in interacting with Vodacom Soccer in order to stand a chance to win one of a series of prizes that are on offer in the Promotion. All participants will only qualify to be winners by complying with the Terms and Conditions below.
2) All participants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
3) The competition runs from the 14th June 2018 to the 31st May 2019, both dates inclusive ("the Competition Period").
4) The prizes are:
a) A Grand Prize, to be won by only one (1) winner, of R5000 worth of Vodacom airtime, to be provided monthly, sponsored by Vodacom and their partner MobiMedia, for a period of 24 months;
b) Matchday Prizes, to be won by at least fifty-two (52) winners, each winning a randomly selected prize from a pool of prizes including Vodacom airtime, Vodacom data, and soccer merchandise, sponsored by Vodacom and their partner MobiMedia.
5) To stand the chance of winning:
a) The Grand Prize as part of the competition, participants must interact with Vodacom Soccer in various ways as defined below to accumulate points to a Mega Promotion leaderboard during the period commencing 14th June 2018 to 31st May 2019. The top participant, as ranked by points on the Mega Promotion leaderboard, at the end of that period, will be the winner of the Secondary prizes.
b) The Matchday prizes as part of the competition, participants must interact with Vodacom Soccer in various ways as defined below to accumulate points to a Mega Promotion leaderboard during the period commencing 14th June 2018 to 31st May 2019.
Every week, the top 10 ranked participants for that week's points on the leaderboard will enter a random draw after which at least one (1) winner will be drawn for the awarding of a Matchday prize.
6) All winners as indicated above, will undergo related validation checks to be confirmed as valid winners in order to receive their prizes.
7) The points that participants accumulate on the Mega Promotion leaderboard will be earned by interacting with Vodacom Soccer in the following ways:
a) Registering with Vodacom Soccer via USSD on *117*177# or via the site www.vodacomsoccer.co.za; registration is free to all users.
b) Purchasing any of the once-off Vodacom Soccer services, being:
i) Soccer 6 results;
ii) Vodacom Soccer Kicks, used to play the various games on the Vodacom Soccer platforms;
c) Subscribing to any of the Vodacom Soccer services, being:
i) Vodacom Soccer Premium;
ii) Soccer 6 results;
iii) Bafana Bafana;
d) Utilising any purchased Vodacom Soccer Kicks while playing the:
i) Super Trivia game;
ii) Match Predictor game;
iii) Scorer Predictor game.
e) Interacting with the Vodacom Soccer site, as indicated by:
i) Logging in to the Vodacom Soccer site;
ii) Reading an article / news on the site;
iii) Watching the Video service on the site.
8) Registration on Vodacom Soccer is free to all users. Purchases or subscriptions on Vodacom Soccer are only available to Vodacom subscribers. The costs of purchases or subscriptions are indicated on Vodacom Soccer for the specific services listed above.
9) A participant may register and subscribe as many different MSISDNs (mobile number) as they wish, but doing so does not guarantee that the participant will be the winner of the prize.
10) Points are accumulated against each unique mobile number. Only successfully completed registrations, purchases, and subscriptions count as valid entries against which points are accumulated for those types of points-earning events.
11) For the Grand Prize, participants must still be registered and subscribed to the Vodacom Soccer Premium Service by the 20th May 2019 in order for the entry to remain valid.
12) The Competition is only open to Vodacom subscribers.
13) The Competition is only open to natural persons 18 years or older. SMS sent from business account held by Corporates and SMEs are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
14) For the Grand Prize, the winner will be selected based on the participant's ranking in the Mega Promotion leaderboard at the end date of the Competition, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The top eligible, validated, qualifying entry, as ranked by points on the Mega Promotion leaderboard, will win the prize.
15) For the Matchday Prizes, the winners will be selected from the top ten ranking users on the Mega Promotion leaderboard weekly, for that specific week, for the duration of the Competition, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The first eligible, qualifying entry drawn will win the prize.
16) For the Grand Prize, the winning participant will be contacted telephonically on the contact details provided when entering this Competition, during hours (08h00 to 17h00) from the 22nd May to 31st May 2019 after his or her name has been drawn and verified as a winner.
17) For the Matchday Prizes of airtime or data, the winning participants will be contacted via SMS on the contact details provided when entering this Competition, during hours (08h00 to 17h00) in the week after having had their names identified and verified as winners.
18) For the Matchday Prizes of soccer merchandise, will be contacted telephonically on the contact details provided when entering this Competition, during hours (08h00 to 17h00), in the week after having had their names identified and verified as winners.
19) Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided when entering the Competition during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the Prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next eligible participant.
20) The prizes are not transferable and may not be used in conjunction with any other competitions.
21) The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole and are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
22) This Competition is only open to natural persons 18 years or older. SMS sent from mobile numbers held by corporates and SMEs are excluded from participating and winning in this Competition.
23) In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or these Terms and Conditions, Vodacom's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
24) Vodacom may refuse to give any prize if the qualifying procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject /withhold any prize for any reason.
25) Vodacom will not be obliged to notify participants that their entries to the Competition have not been successful.
26) In the event that the prize consists of merchandise, in order to effect arrangements required for the fulfilment of the prize in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the participants' personal information, such as name, address and contact number to the agency responsible for contacting the participant, and to its courier service provider and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect delivery of the prize.
28) All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom and their fulfilment partner’s obligations in regard to the Competition, as well as, in regard to the Prize shall terminate. Vodacom and/or their appointed agency and courier service provider will advise of delivery and/or collection arrangements in respect of the prize at the time of contacting the selected winner.
29) If the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected participant.
30) Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
31) In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected qualifying purchases, including entries that were not successful due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
32) Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
33) If Vodacom are required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and their associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
34) All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.